Whenever you visit a place far away from home, chances are, you are going to need some sort of accommodation where you can stay for the duration of your visit. Unless you know of someone who can share his dwelling to you or unless you camp out in the wild, most likely, you are going to stay in a hotel.
Hotels can be so opulent that they can even shame the homes of many of the rich and famous. The rooms are fit for royalty, and the facilities are top of the line. Needless to say, the rates of these hotels are can really make your eyes pop out of their sockets. However, if you are like most people, you probably don’t have tons of money to spend. Thus, you need to look for cheaper alternatives. Fortunately, there are budget hotels that can provide you a comfortable stay without worrying too much about your wallet.
Why Stay in Budget Hotels
Aside from being able to save money, you also get the following benefits if you stay in one of these hotels:
- Due to the tough competition, budget hotels strive to make their establishments better than the others. Thus, many economy hotels now have improved rooms, state-of-the-art facilities, and exemplary services that can rival those of more expensive accommodations.
- Many budget hotels now have partnerships with major airlines, car rentals, restaurants, tour operators, and other travel service providers. Thus, you can have more freebies, deals, or discounts if your tour involves availing the services of these partners.
- Many budget hotels come with complementary offers such as free breakfast, free use of the pool, and free use of its facilities. Even if they’re not free of charge, the fee is probably very minimal.
- Because budget hotels don’t cost a lot, you can use your money on the more “juicy” parts of your travel such as your adventures, meals, shopping, guide fees, entrance fees to tourist spots, and others.
Tips in Choosing Budget Hotels
Even if they are inexpensive, it is important that you know how to choose the right hotel so you can get your money’s worth. Additionally, staying in the right hotel can positively enhance your travel experience.
- The hotel should be in a convenient location. Through this, you can save money on transportation, and it would be easier for you to reach your destination. Hotels that are near city centers, tourist spots, shopping areas, and beaches are ideal.
- On the other hand, avoid hotels that are too close or right next to an attraction. In most cases, their rates will be quite high. As a general rule, reserve your stay on hotels around 1 or 2 kilometers away from such sites.
- Look for hotels that are tied up with your credit card. You can use your credit card points to enjoy discounts on stays and meals.
- Enroll in a frequent flyer program if you are a regular traveller. Many budget hotels honor the points that you acquired in your frequent flyer program. These points can gain you freebies and discounts.
- Hotels usually lower down their rates during off-peak season. Thus, book budget hotels during off-peak seasons to save on money.
- Choose a budget hotel that has the amenities you need. For example, if you plan to check your business once in a while during your vacation, book in an economy hotel that has a small business center.
You are guaranteed to have a pleasant stay in a budget hotel if you follow these tips.